For the San Francisco Professional ADDY Submission:
Click Here http://greatersf.org/
The mission of the Student ADDY Competition is to recognize and reward creative excellence in the art of advertising. Conducted annually by the American Advertising Federation and sponsored by National AD2, the local Student ADDY’s is the first of a three-tier, national competition designed specially for post-high school students. Work entered at the local level (Bay Area) can advance to regional (District 14, which includes the Bay Area, Sacramento, Fresno and Reno, NV) and even to the national level. Gold winners will automatically advance to the next level at no cost.
The Bay Area’s local Student ADDY’s is run solely by AD2SF. While we work in conjunction with the Professional ADDY Competition (which is run by Greater San Francisco Ad Club), AD2SF is responsible for coordinating the student submission process.
All student entrants receive:
- A certificate of recognition for Gold, Silver and Bronze winners
- In addition, all student work will be showcased at the ADDY Gala (March 9th at Bluxome winery) alongside the professional work. If your creative advances to the national level, you may receive:
- Finalist certificate—great for resumés and portfolios
- A prestigious Student ADDY Award for first-place winners
- $1,000 cash prize for National Best of Show winner
ADDY entry dates:
Submission deadline Tuesday, February 21st 2017
To submit your work, simply follow these steps:
- Click on this link
- Register with the AAF website
- Follow the simple instructions to submit as much work as you want
- Prepare your work properly in order to send it to judging. Packaging and labeling instructions can be found on the last page of the “Rules & Guidelines” PDF here.
- Complete and sign the manifest form and include it in your package
Miami Ad School
*Please contact your advisor where to properly drop it off. (Preferably Manolo)
Academy Of Art University
410 Bush Street
Attention: Liz Lantz
For those unable to drop off at the above locations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternative drop off location.
Package must be clearly marked sfADDY Awards
Drop-off hours are 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri ONLY
Rules for physical entries are in the Category Directory on the entry site. The full rules PDF is here. These are the specifics: Hard copy submissions (see full PDF for any details or specific category requirements). Any physical and/or printed entries, such as newspaper or magazine ads, photographs, collateral, product packaging, sales kits, newsletters, posters, menus, book and magazine designs, specialty advertising, etc. MUST be submitted for judging in their physical form (tear-sheets are not required)—in addition to being digitally uploaded in the online entry system. Large format physical pieces such as outdoor advertising etc should be submitted as physical photographs.
Digital files ONLY are not acceptable.
The exceptions to this rule are entries which originally appeared in digital or electronic form, such as websites, TV and radio spots, multimedia videos etc. For these entries, a physical entry form is still required for official submission.
If you have any questions please contact Jeffrey Oropeza at email@example.com.
Student Addy link:
Deadline: Tuesday, February 21st 2017 (please be aware of drop-off location hours)
Student Single: $35
Student Campaign: $50